Frame By Frame

Grease- Summer Nights  (featuring Legos)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_whyjdt5Qso

First off, I thought this was hilarious. I know that it was drawn out like the videos we have seen in class, but using legos requires the same technique. I thought it looked very smooth and was very well done. I like how they used a from a movie and fit the legos into the parts. I'll be honest though, I personally have never seen the movie so I can't comment too much on how it feels seeing legos representing a "classic" movie. Either way, the animation is well constructed. There are times you even see the frame of the bleachers (or whatever the guys are on) come out of place when the one lego leans on it then back into place when he leans forward. Maybe it's just me, but I thought that was a nice touch.

Flash Test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyeg5qK3uZI

This one was really short but I thought it was interesting to showcase the process that you have to go through to add color, shadow, etc. First, the frame by frame shows the sketch motion. Then, it shows the same motions with the outline. Then it adds color, etc. It was interesting to see that the frame by frame has multiple steps as opposed to just one overall draw, color and everything.

Post-It
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3-OSwVDtug&feature=related

This one was really interesting. The animation included drawings, hands, objects. Everything worked. The hand would add more drawings. The objects moved with the drawings. Just the whole thing was my favorite of the 3 that I've posted up here. If anyone checks any of the 3 out, this one should be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment